Sales Order Management Software
The Workshop Beaver Sales Order Processing and Customer Invoicing software integrates with Stock Management and Workshop Management to ensure that customers are invoiced for work carried out on repair jobs, for sales of stock or non-stock items, and associated services. The system manages sales quotations, sales orders and invoices, credit note and customer payment transactions and all supporting documentation.
Both business and retail customers are managed, with repeat business and one–off customers handled as standard, with the system’s ability to create customers on the fly if required at time of order entry. Sales quotations for repairs or spares sales can be automatically converted to sales orders upon acceptance, with the common numbering capability accompanying the required parts through the quotation, order and invoice stages of the process. Multiple customer price lists per product are held, enabling both stock and non-stock items to be sold to different customers at different prices. Full customer payment handling including cash or credit card receipt for retail or non-trade account customers is provided with full integration into the Workshop Beaver Sales Ledger, or other sales ledger system in use.
Integration with Stock Management provides automatic picking of stock items for sales orders including an automatic back order allocation facility, ensuring that items required for sales orders are despatched in timely fashion. Prioritisation of picking rules used by the system can be set by the user according to their own specific requirements.
To ensure that all items picked are despatched, the system notifies users of any orders picked but not confirmed or despatched. Reading and update of bar code labels can be used to confirm despatch.
Production of all associated documentation – including sales orders and sales invoices can be generated in the user’s layout of choice, so can be different by customer if required.
The document management functionality allows you to define and generate any customer communication to keep them informed of progress of their job – either by letter, email, or fax. Users can hold free format notes against sales orders, which can be selected for external or internal use.
As well as the documentation storage and production functionality, all transaction history is recorded for all sales order and invoicing transactions and is available for management dashboard, reporting or enquiry purposes for users via computer, tablet or smartphone.
The functionality supported by the Sales Order Processing and Customer Invoicing module includes:
- Automatic routing of jobs and parts through the workshop
- Ability to create customers on the fly at time of order entry, multiple customer types managed.
- Fast customer identification through any address text or postcode search, multiple customer delivery and invoice addresses - up to 999,999 addresses per customer.
- Automatic conversion of sales quotation to sales order for repair or sale of stock or non-stock parts with full integration with the Stock module for multiple allocation and picking options.
- Multi-format automatic sales invoice production upon despatch confirmation or other designated trigger point.
- Comprehensive sales invoice payment handling options fully integrated with Workshop Beaver sales ledger, or alternative accounting software.
- Full and flexible customer, order and product search and analysis facilities including alternate parts, use of customer’s part number, common numbering, post code and text search.
- Comprehensive picking, confirmation and despatch functionality with holding and quarantine locations for items awaiting final inspection before despatch at item and order level.
- Dashboard information – all Sales Ordering and Customer Invoicing transaction, customer, and revenue information is available for analysis via the Management Information dashboard. Full history, serial traceability, audit trail and costed usage history of all product transactions available for reporting, online and web based enquiry purposes for your users and your customers.
- Documentation Management – storage and generation (if required) of all sales order and invoicing related documentation – quotations, sales orders, item receipt documentation, inspection and release notes, credit notes, and customer communication