Purchase Order Management Software
The Workshop Beaver Purchase Ordering software dovetails with Stock Management to ensure required parts are ordered in good time for repair workshop scheduling requirements.
The system is designed to cope with all activities undertaken throughout the purchasing process – from an engineer raising a requisition for an item, through the raising of purchase orders, to receipt of the goods, and finally the matching of the supplier invoice to your purchase order. In between and within these various stages, there are many other purchasing and stock related activities which may be different depending on our customers’ procedures and processes, but the depth of functionality, flexibility and customisability of Workshop Beaver Purchase Order Management ensures that they are all managed efficiently.
Upon stock items reaching their recommended re-order level, the system will automatically recommend them for re-order, which is available for review and amendment if necessary before approval and conversion to a purchase order. The system will also automatically select a preferred supplier if required, whilst the manual ordering facility enables any part to be ordered from any supplier.
Not all parts will be required in such a predictable fashion and engineers will often need parts for repair jobs at short notice – the system gives them the ability to raise requisitions which are fed into the recommended purchase ordering process, with the engineer being notified upon receipt of goods by email. Similarly engineers are able to sub-contract repair jobs out to other companies by raising a purchase order, which can contain multiple jobs if required, and are automatically notified by email when the completed jobs are returned.
All details of goods received are matched against Purchase Orders, and received into stock, with the system providing quality control and quarantine facilities to allow for product inspection and checking before receiving into physical stock. When suppliers’ invoices are received, the system will check against purchase order and goods received notes to ensure that you pay for only those goods that you have received.
All purchasing and stock transactions are recorded and available for enquiry and reporting purposes, including web access for multiple devices such as smartphones, tablets or computers.
The functionality supported by the Purchase Order Management module includes:
- Automatic routing of jobs and parts through the workshop
- Recommended purchase ordering based on re-order levels – fully integrated with Stock Management automatic stock replenishment, re-order level and quantity calculation.
- Automatic and manual raising of purchase orders.
- Purchase and Stock requisition functionality, enabling urgent or one-off items to be requested and ordered.
- Supplier classification – including preferred suppliers.
- Comprehensive goods received functionality, including automatic notification of goods arrival to requisitioner, matching of quantities, volumes, units of measure against purchase order quantities, goods inspection recording and ultimate acceptance into stock.
- Purchase invoice matching against purchase order and goods received details.
- Subcontract job purchase ordering facility with full tracking.
- Dashboard Management – all Purchase Ordering transaction, supplier and spend information available for analysis via the Management Information dashboard.
- Document Management – storage and generation (if required) of all purchase order related documentation – requisitions, recommended orders, purchase orders, goods received notes, inspection tickets, purchase invoices, goods return notes and other required or supplied documentation.
- Full and flexible product search and analysis including product grouping and classification options, product cross–referencing and alternate parts facilities and full bill of material component identification.
- Full history, serial traceability, audit trail and costed usage history of all purchase transactions available for reporting and enquiry purposes and accessible by web enquiry for computer, tablet or smart phone.